Erosion Control Blanket
Rolled Erosion Control Blankets provide temporary soil erosion protection and assist in the establishment of vegetation on moderate slopes or low-flow channel applications where loose mulches or bare-ground seeding are not effective.
Our hemp fibre blanket can be used to combat weeds and prevent erosion on and around newly constructed berms and steep highway banks by motorways. Hemp fibre accelerates the establishment of vegetation and ensures a fast rooting in the ground which greatly helps stabilize the subsoil. Over time, the natural fibre will decompose completely, and vegetation coverage reduces erosion.
Typically, blankets are used for the following applications:
- Slope Protection
- Channel & Ditch Linings
- Reservoir Embankments & Spillways
- Culvert Inlets & Outfalls
The scrim backing consists of 100% recycled material, with a minimum of 40% being post consumer content. String reinforcement is made of 100% biodegradable rayon with three (3) openings per lineal inch.
- Functional longevity of 24+ months
- Rated on slopes up to 1H:1V
- Available in 300 gsm or 500 gsm
- Safe for Wildlife
- Sustainable alternative to Straw, Coconut, Aspen, Jute, and Polypropylene (Plastic)
- 100% Biodegradable & Compostable
- Easy to Install
- Water Holding – Hemp Fibres will hold 1050% it’s Weight in Water
VIEW EROSION CONTROL CATALOG
We are happy to discuss your custom mat needs, please get in touch for more details.